Monday, September 28, 2009

Our Time in Amsterdam

Well, we arrived in Amsterdam yesterday morning at 7:00am. Of course, we only cat-napped on the plane, so we were very tired, but also very determined to stay awake as long as we could to adjust to this new time zone (Amsterdam is 7 hours ahead of Houston). We were very proud of ourselves...we stayed awake until 5:00pm (this means that we were awake for about 30 hours). 

We took the train from the airport into the city center & walked around Amsterdam looking at all the amazing architecture, among a sea of people.  It really is beautiful!  The weather was quite nice, about 65 degrees...perfect for walking. Although, you really must be careful of bike riders & cars here.  They only stop for you if they absolutely have to & that generally means they are slamming on brakes at the last minute. Did I mention that they drive really fast?  So, that's pretty interesting...

Well, I only have a few minutes left on my "internet time", so I must close for now.  Will write more later.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you guys made it safe. I hope you have a wonderful stay there before you are off on your biggest adventure. I went to go call you today and realized you aren't at home! I miss you!

    Love to you both,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete