Friday, October 16, 2009

Missing Papi...

Ok, so you will get two posts in one day since I've been slacking the past few days.

Today, Papi has been in the fore-front of our minds as we have been without him for two days now & are missing him as he travels back to America today.  We are hoping to talk to him in the next couple of hours, provided his flight arrives in Houston on time (it's actually scheduled to arrive about 17 minutes late).

Today, on the way to the orphanage, the director was stopped by the Police for not allowing a pedestrian cross when they had the right-of-way.  This was total crap since there was no one in the crosswalk when we turned, but because someone showed up at the corner AS we turned, they stopped us.  This took about 30 minutes.  Poor S is not having a good week with the local government.

Today was a pretty normal day at the orphanage, with one exception.  One of the older girls gave me a note that she had written in English for me. Now, this wouldn't normally seem like a big deal, but this girl, who is 17, very standoff-ish and quite shy, who paid us little attention in the beginning, cannot even say 'Thank You' in English...took the time to write me a note in English.  Upon her request, I will not divulge the contents of the letter except to say that it was very kind & it really touched my heart!  After she gave it to me, she kissed my cheek & gave me a big hug!  I cannot say it enough...these kids are amazing!!!!

Tomorrow, the children are having a celebration in honor of R's birthday & K's departure to America soon. It won't be the same without R here with us, but he will be here in spirit, I am certain of that!  R, if you are reading this, we love you & miss you!  K has said this at least 4 times today.  It's precious!

That's all for now.  I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment